The DeWitt Area Recreation Authority promotes community and quality of life through leisure services provided for the residents of the DeWitt Area.
We Achieve Our Mission by...
- Providing a variety of recreational and community services for persons of all ages and abilities at locations throughout the community.
- Promoting partnerships within the community that leverage resources to meet the growing demands for recreational and community services.
- Utilizing strong collaborative public processes to establish and focus priorities.
- Practicing fiscal responsibility, innovative leadership and the highest standard of service to ensure a quality return on the residents' investment.
- Promoting citizen involvement to create value in leisure, strengthen the social foundation of the community and enhance the enjoyment of life in our community.
- Customer Service
- Quality service, staff, equipment and facilities
- Variety of services to all ages and abilities
- Avoiding duplication of services
- Citizen involvement
- Value of leisure services
- Efficient services
- Affordable services
- Family involvement
DARA's Role in the Community
Formed in July 2003 by the City of DeWitt and DeWitt Charter Township, DARA is dedicated to providing quality recreation programs to residents of all ages. From its inception, DARA program offerings have grown to provide a large variety of youth and adult sports programs, special events, holiday-themed programs and annual shows.
DARA sports programs are designed to benefit the participants by teaching sportsmanship and teamwork skills, building character and respect, practicing positive fitness habits and most importantly by having fun! Whether your child is just 3 years of age, learning about athletics and family events or whether you are a senior citizen looking to make new friends and be active, DARA has a program to fit your need.
As written in the inter-local agreement which formed DARA, parks and facilities have continued to be owned and operated by the local governments. DARA is allowed use of City and Township parks and facilities to carry out recreation programs, but is not responsible for the maintenance or scheduling of said facilities. DARA is housed within the DeWitt Township Community Center building located at 16101 Brook Rd. Lansing, Mi. 48906 and operates its general office administration duties out of this location.
To schedule use of a park, pavilion or athletic field please call the appropriate municipality for rental information. DeWitt Township Parks (668-1411), City of DeWitt Parks (669-2441)